Tuesday, May 27, 2008

2 weeks.

Work has been okay so far...

The tips? Getting lesser and lesser. Sigh... Probably cause its still not full swing into the season yet.

Mary quit yesterday. Kinda sad cos she, Jasmine and I had already formed a bond together, just us three servers... Sigh... We are still going to hang out and all, eating veggie hotdogs and me trying to look interested while we hang out at the bazaar as they flirt with the boys there and shop for necklaces and precious stones and stuff.

They are the awesomest girls to hang out with. There’s something about their bubbly spirit and wacky personalities which draw me, along with other guys definitely, like bees to honey. Especially Mary, she is so animated (bordering on insane). I’m so going to miss her. Another thing which I found so refreshing was how... direct and ‘insanely’ open our conversations are (read: sexual). I just have to say this, they are so unashamedly liberal (read: promiscuous). And that’s what I find so fascinating about them cos honestly, I don’t hang around with people like that in Singapore. In Singapore, these people might be in the minority but here, its the norm and they are so open about it!

Haha... I actually find this really really interesting.

Mary also had to move out from the women’s atco cos she ain’t an employee at Westmark anymore. Sigh... I am going to miss her tackling me from behind and her other antics. Jasmine moved out too, course she found another place, free from our tyrant landlady (who ironically loves Jasmine so much she gave her a mini fridge for the new place, along with other gifts).
And that leaves the women’s atco with two free rooms. The silver lining is that the Singaporean guys from the Men’s atco could move over. So I guess all that hoo-hah over them moving in last week has finally concluded.

I have more pictures I have to upload, but I think, I should take my time with that. I should show pictures of the Men’s and Women’s atco, shouldn’t I? See how vast the differences are. Did I forget to mention that the landlord over at the me’s side is this laidback Jamaican rustafaran and my landlady is this fat white lady who at first glance looks sweet but after knowing her, looks like a witch? I simply love the characters we have her. So stereotypical like in a sitcom.

I went up the mountain yesterday (alone!). Zic and Ting Yi did it before me (climbing alone) and Ching Hei climbed up with Zic. But yesterday, was the first for me to go all the way up there. Its so beautiful, I’m dying to show you the pictures. I was supposed to go up with Agnes, Yuehan and two of our new friends of ours, Justin and Bryan, but I was caught up with work, so I told them to go ahead without me first. They took 4 ½ hours and I took less than half that time. I left three hours after them and I caught up with them at the top (Upper Dewey Lake). It was so f-ing beautiful.

You have to be there...

Its been more than two weeks since I have been away from home, and its finally kicking in, that I-miss-home-feeling. Its not just missing the people at home, its also missing that familiarity and everything that comes with it. But of course I miss the people at home more.

I miss home. I miss my Mummy. I miss my Daddy. I miss my sisters and bro-in-law. And I especially miss my niece. I webcam with the family thrice a week and my highlight of the day is to see my parents and to see how ‘grown-up’ my niece is. I even miss school. Actually, I miss my friends rather than the school part. Haha...

Till next time. I will slowly post the pictures....

No comments: