Sunday, June 1, 2008

Oh no, you did'n...

So a lot of things happened in the past few weeks.

Firstly, work is getting alright. Business is picking up.So it means more tips for me.
But there are a lot of things that happened at work too; not-so-good things.

You know me, I attract drama wherever I go. So, it wasn't long before I argued with one of my colleagues at work.

He was actually nice to me in the beginning. But as time went on, he became more aggitated and fiercer. I mean, come on, he is JUST a fellow server like myself and he had the cheek to tell me off?! Even my manager don't talk to me in that tone.

Well, at first, me being naive and new to this, was humbled whenever he told me off. I mean, he is older and ore experienced. But one thing irked me was how he seemed to talk down to me, like as if he can't understand what the hell I was saying.

You know, when people talk slowly to you and keep asking you to repeat yourself? Like come on, I speak good English... you moron. So that began to irritate me.

Not before long, he began to tick me and my friends off for no reason.

So, one night, I gave him three chances; three strikes and I gave it to him. I was prepared to scream my head off at him (well, not really, I was... in an equally fierce and controlled manner, told him off) and when he told me to repeat myself, I said, "You heard me." And walked off. Well, he was taken aback initially, and when I came back to him (he was the bartender that night, a really bad one), I gave him another piece of my mind. This time he was lecturing me about working together and all that crap and all the things would go well, and I said, "Save your breath". And all this exchange was done in front of my manager. I wasn't afraid at all, I was on a roll.

You don't want to get me started.

The rest of the night I gave him a look as if I was going to bite his head off. And that worked, he didn't bother me anymore after that.

And two days later, I got news he was sent to the hospital to get some psychiatric help. Go figure. Nut job...

Heard rumours he had a meltdown.

While part of me feels sorry for him, a huge part of me, don't. Period.

Still on the topic of work, I have a new colleague, Jacob. He is gay. He is as gay as gay can be. Flamboyant, flirt-y and fabulous. And he is convinced I'm gay too. I have that effect on people.

Nevertheless, I love hanging out with him, Jasmine loves him too. Just like how every Paris Hiltons out there must have their dogs, every Cali girl must have their gays. He is a riot to hang out with, but things can get a little out-of-hand sometimes.

Again, a breath of fresh air from the lifestyles in Singapore. I now have an openly gay friend. What more can I ask for in my American experience?

I'm not distancing myself from the Singaporeans here, oh no no. Just that I came here to make new friends instead of simply enclosing myself in the Singaporean circle. That said the Singaporeans here are not any least as colourful.

One of them, went up to hike alone to Upper Dewey Lake (the mountain I was talking about previously). But after three successful solo 'Singaporean' treks up there (including mine last weekend, Zic and Tingyi did their solos too), his didn't end as fortunately. He got injured on his way down and had to have a rescue mission team to bring him down.

Luckily some Bulgarian guys who went up hiking found him injured and immobilised on their way down. One of them stayed with him while the other trekked down to get help. The rescue team only managed to bring him down after 1a.m. in the morning and the night was pitch black.

Ironically, out of the four solo treks, he had the most preparations with food and dry clothes and all that... I only had a water bottle, a slice of bread and a candy bar with me.

So the final part to my entry would be about my trip to White Horse, Canada. I went there with Jasmine. But that's for a different story, one with pictures next time...

PS: I know I am way behind on the pictures uploading.

No comments: