Sunday, June 8, 2008

All the way to Upper Dewey Lake.

Pictures from my hike up to Upper Dewey Lake as promised (about time...).

It wasn't supposed to be a solo hike at first. I was supposed to go up with my friends: Agnes, Yuehan, Justin and Bryan. But I had to work breakfast shift so I told the others to go up first.

They started off at 8.30am and I started after I finished my work, three hours later.
On the way up, this was a distance after the 'I love you' bridge.
Can see the mountain peaks...
Snow... more snow... Knee deep snow... (My boots were not good at all for all that snow).
I'm reaching...
I'm almost there!!
I'm here!!! 2 hours and 10 minutes later!!!
The iced-covered Upper Dewey Lake.
Met up with the girls, Yuehan and Agnes at the lake. They took 4 1/2 hours!!!
The nicer cabin at the lake:
Me walking closer to the lake:
I fell in many many times...See how wet I was:This is Bryan... he is amazingly tall:
That's Justin with me:
I love this shot:One with me... I love this shot:
This is the free cabin:
This is why its free:
Signing my name:
All the grafitti:
The snow covering the cabin's entrance:
More scenic pictures... taken after the cabin:
The lake shot taken from a higher place:
View of Skagway from way up here:
My favourite shot:
Now to make my first snow-man!!!
Justin showing us how to start...
Agnes making the nose:
Bryan and Justin coming in to 'violate' the snow-man:
Bryan added that stick down there:
Agnes adding the snow boobs to the confused snow-man-woman:
Agnes after our snow ball fight:
Tadah... Our first snow-transexual:
After hanging out there for an hour or so, it was time to go...
Goodbye Snow-Transexual!
Goodbye, cabin!
And goodbye all! Till next time!

No comments: