Saturday, June 14, 2008

Life here. Part 2

Now, pictures of the Women's Atco:The building in the foreground is the women's atco, and the one behind, is the men's. Looks the same at first glance, but if you look closely, you will notice a number of notices (more like warnings for 'outsiders') about rules in the women's atco on the door. This is just the beginning.

Somehow, flowers grow around the women's atco building but none at the men's, probably because of the debris and junk around that place. You can also notice the broken window of the men's atco (replaced by a cloth screen to 'protect' the interior agaisnt the elements outside).My room is the third window from the right.
We shall take a look at my room first shall we?


My room is on the other end of the entrance to the women's atco (the entrance being shown on the first picture).
So this is my room:My bed is the one on the right: (I never have time to make my bed... ya rite... what's the point?)
See my uniform hung on my wardrobe? I have to iron them, okay?
My desk: (actually I share it with Tingyi a.k.a Joshua, my roomie, but most of my stuff is on it, including the apple and banana)
The top of my wardrobe: (there is order in the messiness: 'can-wear-again' clothes, dry towels, utensils, coins, 'need-to-bring-around' things, food and bathing needs)
The walls of the rooms are paper-thin, seriously...My room is beside Linda's, the lady in-charge of the women's atco, the one who writes all these ridiculous rules and stuff, and can be quite a pain in the ass... oh wait, where was I going with this? Oh yes, she stays beside my room, and the walls are so thin, we can hear her snore, very loudly. And I could even hear her 'let one go' once. Let's just say, I'm glad, though its not sound-proof, its odour-proof!
Before we leave, lets compare it to the girls' room shall we?
This is the warm corridor leading to the entrance again.All the way at the end is the kitchen, but first let me take you to the 'green room', its where we hang out to play games, do puzzles or for using non-wireless internet:
This is us playing 'Deal or No Deal'. Agnes 'won' a million dollars, no kidding. She played and actually got US$1,000,000 in her last 'briefcase'.
Walk further down the 'green room' is the shower room: (I wasn't kidding about the French doors for each cubicle)
And opposite to it is the washroom: (we have haircuts here too, Jassy doing my hair)
Beside the shower room is the laundry room:(we have washing machines and dryers, an iron and ironing board)Beside the washroom is the toilet. And at the centre of these four rooms is the call desk (for those using the phone, using non-wireless internet, etc...):
Let's walk down to the entrance again, towards the kitchen. The first room closest to us on the right leads into the kitchen:
This is how it looks like:
The TV area beside it: (I like to surf wireless internet in front of the TV)
And the dining area:
Our very first meal was scrambled eggs:Us Singaporeans, love to cook: breakfast, lunch or dinner, the kitchen is were we are most likely to hang out at:
This is Ching Hei cutting the first piece off the fish he caught (a relative of the Salmon, called Dolly Varden). He steamed it (Chinese-styled). Damn delicious fish!!! Zic and Ching Hei also brought back 'melts-in-your-mouth' mussels:Now let's take a walk around the rest of Skagway.I will take you to the more important places:
This is where we buy (overpriced) groceries:(Fairway Market)
This is the bank:(Wells Fargo)
That's all for now! Till next time!

No comments: