Saturday, June 14, 2008

Life here. Part 1

Its been more than a month since I have stepped my foot on this beautiful town, Skagway.

So rather than just post beautiful pictures of the scenic surroundings or anymore of my hike pictures, I shall blog more about what really matters about this town: who I live, work and play with, as well as where I have been calling home the past four weeks (and the following eight more).

By now, you would already be familiar with the Singaporeans; Zic and Ching Hei, Tingyi, Agnes, etc., so let me introduce to you my colleagues and good friends at Chillkoot (restaurant).

The following pictures were taken after our very first day of work, on 'Locals' Night' on May 22nd.

This is Svetelina a.k.a. 'Flower' (from Bulgaria) with me:
And this is Mary with us. She is the part-Filippino girl, who left 'Chillkoot' restaurant, to work in another place:(I still miss her wackiness, but we still hang out, once in a while)
And this is all of the servers: (from left) Mary, me, Jasmine, Svetelina and behind us is our manager and our man: Artie.
Artie is a great boss. He is a Marines veteran, from New York and he is, in every way (cept he's not Italian), like Tony Danza in 'Who's the Boss?', with the accent and gesture and all.
Ater a rough and tiring night working at Chillkoot, we would most likely be hanging out at the sister-bar, Bonanza.

This is Jacob's and former Chillkoot manager, Rosalinda's birthday celebrations at Bonanza:

(Rosalinda is the lady facing to her right in the foreground, we call her 'Mama' cause she is like a surrogate mother to all of us, and Artie (hugging her in the picture) is the father-figure)
And this is Jacob, the very gay friend I was talking about:
(Jacob, being swarmed by babes: Svetelina, Theodora and Jasmine)Svetelina and Jacob, doing the pout:Svetelina and me, doing my signature move, the 'stir':
Jacob grossing out Simeon (one of the problematic bussers; we secretly have a kick when Jacob does that...):
Us partying the night away:The following pictures were taken at Jacob's birthday dinner:
Us squeezed at the back of the car, then there was one more guy sitting across all four of us...:
And these are more pictures of the mayhem-trio: Mary, Jasmine and I (at Mary's Birthday celebration):Mary getting her gift:
Jassy and me:
Mary, Jasmine and I:
Lastly, pictures of Jasmine, our resident hairdresser, doing dreadlocks on Mary's hair.
She would be doing my hair tomorrow.
That's all folks. Till next time!

No comments: