Sunday, July 27, 2008

What a drag... show.

The night that everbody has been anticipating for: 'Drag Night 08'. Held at Red Onion Bar, the show was really an eye-opener for me. Almost everyone was in drag that night, man or woman!

Plus it was for a real good cause; one of the locals got injured badly when a boulder crushed his pelvis, so it was also a fund-raising event to pay for his medical fees (there were entry charges, an auction during the intermission and donation bags).

And of course, Jacob a.k.a. Madonna had to be there to perform in the lip-synching contest.

This is Jacob (he couldn't find a blonde wig to come as Madonna, so this is him as Cher):
Hawt!!!:
The hosts... or should I say hostesses:
I think this is the bar manager. The wet patch you see on his 'nipple' is because of the cherry underneath:
The diverse crowd:
So wrong...:
The resident drag queen started off with a number from Barbara Streisand. He was so good:
I can't remember who they were:
'She' was really... disturbing:
Very disturbing...:
This is Cher:
And Sunny:
This is Tom, the Maintenance Manager (with Rosalinda)... He even shaved off his goatee for this. That's what I call commitment:
Jacob was supposed to perform next but the batteries in my camera died. And there was also something wrong with his music, or CD. So they had to skip his performance and they had an intermission. Which was a good thing cause I had time to run back to change my batteries.
But Jacob never got to perform his routine that night cause he got upset that they couldn't play his music, plus they made him wait so long for his turn to perform. Errmm... He played Cher extremely well; even got the role of a diva down pat. Hahah...
Another performance by the resident drag queen:
Then there was the Backstreet 'Boys' one which was really good. But my batteries had to die on me earlier on.
Of course there were the not-so-good ones... The guy was so 'shiok sendiri'...:
And the really ugly-ones, the genies in a bottle. What bottle? Try beer bottle.. that's why they are probably too drunk:
I like this one; this is Marc Anthony:
And his Jeniffer Lopez... Check out the ass on 'her':
Another one of my favourite:
The 'girl' actually looked not bad...: See that bulge on the 'guy'?:
Very disturbing.. and funny:
Another 'hottie'... 'She' won the best performance award..:
At the end of the night, the awards were given out to best dressed performer and non-performers: Winner for best dressed non-performer (with one of the Backstreet 'Boys'):
Another winner...:
The judges cum VIPs (family members of the injured local, the mum in the black jacket):
Final performance to close the show:
They were hilarious!!! At first I thought they were dancing to a very innocent song, until it went to the chorus, "... do you take it in the ass...":

The entire night was really an eye-opener for me. It won't be the last drag show I wanna go to! Hahah!!!

No comments: