Sunday, July 27, 2008

Devil's Punchbowl.

So it was about time I climb up to old Upper Dewey Lake again. See the older post here (and compare the pictures).

This time with Chris, Justin and the two brothers (pictured below) Bryan and Kevin:
Been a couple of months since my first climb up there and as you can see there is hardly any snow left:
Bryan looks cool; I look like I'm in pain:
The river has completely melted:
The bridge used to be completely under a blanket of snow:
Doesn't it make you want to dance around and sing, "The hills are alive, with the sound of music..."? I did precisely just that:
"With songs they have sung for a thousand years...":
"The hills fill my heart with the sound of music...":
I got the same angle shot. No cropping done. See the difference six weeks can make?:
Yup, all the ice and snow is gone:
The nice cabin we stayed in (and paid for):
The old free cabin:
It used to be covered with snow (cept for the door and chimney):
Bridge:
Cam-whore:
Inside the uber cool cabin:
Nice windows framing the gorgeous view of the lake:
And aside from the 4 double bunk beds, there is a loft at the top (you can probably fit 6 people up there!):
Met Tsvetalina and Yoana up there (they left a few hours earlier):
Me attempting to go to the rock in the middle of the lake:
The broken bridge:
Chris, with Bryan in picture below, finally made it (we hiked up in waves, first Justin went up, then it was Kevin, Bryan and I, then Chris went up on his own):
With Chris looking after the things in the cabin, the other four of us went up to Devil's Punchbowl. We couldn't go up there the last time because of all the snow so now with all the snow gone, we could:
Sun rays over Skagway:
Up we go:
The view of the entire lake:
Sun was out:
You can see Skagway clearly now: Finally reached Devil's Punchbowl:
It wasn't as far away from Upper Dewey Lake as I expected:
Opps!:
The two brothers:
Justin:
The four of us:
Then the three went down while I took my time up there alone.
I conquered Alaska! (I have one similar photo, 'I conquered Tekong' in Friendster):
I took my time up there, lay down on a huge boulder and just listened... to the silence, to the stillness... to the peace.
After a 'zen' alone moment, I went down to the cabin.
The lake became so still you could see the perfect reflection of the entire mountain:
I tried to take a decent picture of the cabin but the boys, being boys...:
The fire, strong and really hot:
Bryan, Justin and I decided to take a stroll around the lake at night:
Night shot:
It was almost freezing cold but it was nice to come back to a strong fire to warm up to:
Me and the boys just chillin' (or should I say 'warming'):
My boys: Bryan, Kevin and Chris (Justin, not in the picture):

It was really awesome guys.

Thanks for all the male-bonding. Haha...

No, seriously, thanks for all the good times we shared (hope there would be many more to come).

And you don't have to kidnap me to stay in the States. I can't bear to leave my brothers too.

No comments: